Wednesday, January 27, 2010

9-Year Old Boy Commits Suicide in School Bathroom

It breaks my heart to know that a 9 year old could be so broken as to kill himself. Suicide is something that is plaguing our youth, and that can not be overlooked. I remember thinking about it when I was younger, but knowing that it is so permanent. The cause of this young boys suicide is unknown, but there is a chance that it is due to bullying. I do not think that a 9 year old can really conceptualize what death is, and probably made a drastic decision that ended up being permanent. I think that it is very important to talk to kids about life and death, and the sanctity of life. I feel like it is also important to address suicide and make an open door policy for kids if they are feeling troubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment